A full-body shrink-sleeve labeling system delivers a perfect labeling solution for bottles and other types of containers. Rather than applying a label onto the sides of a bottle, full-body shrink sleeve machines wrap the entire bottle with a plastic sleeve. The bottles then pass through a heat tunnel which shrinks the plastic to a perfect, full-bottle fit.
Shrink-sleeve labeling has become increasingly popular. Quadrel offers three types of shrink sleeve applicators, with speeds ranging from 100 to 300 ppm. We also offer two heat tunnels, so regardless of your company’s size or production requirements, Quadrel has a full-body shrink-sleeve labeling system to meet your needs.
Here are some of the advantages of full-body shrink-sleeve labeling:
- 360-degree design possibilities: Full-body shrink-sleeve labeling allows for a myriad of design possibilities. You’re no longer limited to one or two labels on the side of a bottle—designers can now create a 360-degree design. Because the sleeves can conform to any shape, shrink-sleeve labelers can also be used for irregularly shaped containers. This allows companies to maximize their branding possibilities to make the product stand out on the shelves.
- Include tamper-evident seals: When labeling food, beverages, medications, cosmetics or other sensitive products, shrink-sleeve labeling makes it easy to include a tamper-evident seal. Full-body shrink sleeves extend over the cap or lid. Perforation allows the customer to remove the tamper-evident seal without removing the entire label.
- Better product protection: Shrink sleeves stand up to rough shipping and handling exceptionally well. They’re typically made from polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or polypropylene terephthalate glycol (PETG), which are water and abrasion resistant. Because the label image is printed inside the sleeve, you’ll lose fewer products to spills. The labels are tightly wrapped around the bottles, which lends the containers additional strength.
- Environmentally friendly: Some labels require strong adhesives, which aren’t always environmentally friendly or recyclable. In contrast, full-body shrink sleeves can be made with completely biodegradable or recyclable materials.
- Streamline labeling: Shrink sleeve labeling allows manufacturers to easily switch between product labels. Companies can use stock bottles for multiple products. Because the shrink sleeve wraps around the entire bottle, customers will notice the label—not a uniform bottle selection.
- Less changeover time required: Shrink-sleeve labeling systems require very few adjustments even when switching between product lines. Furthermore, if an error occurs, reworking products is a breeze. Since there are no adhesives involved, it’s easy to remove the labels and begin again.
As you can see, shrink-sleeve labeling offers flexibility, protection and premium branding opportunities.
Are full-body shrink-sleeve labeling systems right for your product line? Whenever you’re in the market for a high-quality labeling system, Quadrel Labeling Systems can help. Our line of labeling applicators is designed to meet and exceed expectations for years to come.
For more information about our shrink-sleeve labeling applicators, heat tunnels or other labeling machines, reach out to Quadrel today.