An attractive, eye-catching product label can draw in new customers. When you’re in a saturated market, every advantage counts. How do your products measure up to the competition? Do your product labels stand out on the shelves, or do they get lost in a sea of similar items? Make your product labels stand out!
Fortunately, creating attention-grabbing labels is easier than ever. Using different designs and label types can give you an edge. Try these label and design ideas:
- Dry peel labels: Dry peel labels are designed to stick to packaging, but peel away easily without leaving a trace. This is a great option when your packaging is reusable, when you want to include coupons on the packaging or when consumers might want to remove a label before using or displaying a product. It’s also a good solution when the label has to be removed before the packaging can be recycled. If you want to print information on the inside of the label, look for dry peel stock with translucent adhesive.
- Resealable labels: Similar to dry peel labels, resealable labels use an easily released adhesive. The main difference is that the adhesive stays tacky enough to allow the packaging to be resealed. Consumers no longer need to repackage the item, or use solutions like clips or rubber bands to secure the packaging. For example, items like packaged snacks and makeup remover wipes often come in packages with resealable labels, preserving product freshness while minimizing waste.
- Metallic foil: Metallic foil labels are extremely eye-catching, especially when placed next to standard label types. This is an excellent way to convey luxury and elegance. Try using labels with both reflective and matte design elements for maximum impact.
- Spot UV: Most labels include a top coat, which enhances the label’s appearance and protects it from water, heat, fading and physical damage. Spot UV finishes cure ink and varnish with UV light. This allows you to have multiple finishes on one label, rather than forcing the designer to choose between matte or gloss finishes. This opens up even more design possibilities to stand out among the crowd.
- Embossed labels: Embossed labels raise certain parts of the label for a three-dimensional look. This can be used to make text or images stand out. Alternatively, you can apply embossed patterns across the label to add texture.
- Clear labels: Clear labels are a great option when you want the product’s contents to speak for themselves. They’re especially effective when the item is eye-catching or recognizable on its own, like neon tennis balls or a jar of jelly beans.
- Fold-out labels: Finally, fold-out labels allow you to fit more information into less space. These are good for applications like pharmaceuticals, where the required label information cannot possibly fit on the container. Fold-out label booklets can be resealable, which helps keep consumer information handy.
Designing new labels is exciting, but you’ll also need a labeling system that can stand up to the job. When you’re ready to upgrade or purchase your first labeling machine, Quadrel can help. From pressure-sensitive machines to shrink-sleeve wraps, our high-quality labeling systems are designed to provide efficient and accurate labeling. For more information about how our machines can meet your labeling needs, contact us today.